How do I qualify for a Free Wedding?
You can qualify for a free Romance wedding package when booking:

  • Five or more All Inclusive Elite rooms for a minimum of three nights in any El Cid Resorts in Mazatlán
  • Five or more All Inclusive One Bedroom Suites in El Cid La Ceiba Cozumel
  • Five or more Platinum Rooms in our All Inclusive Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya

How many days do I need to be at the resort before we can get married?
For legal ceremonies, you must be at the hotel three full business days before the wedding to have enough time to take the blood test and check all the documents required. Saturdays, Sundays and Mexican national holidays are not considered business days.

For symbolic ceremonies, there must be a two business days before the wedding. Saturdays, Sundays and Mexican national holidays are not considered business days.

Are there any restrictions on dates or times for any type of ceremony?
You can get married on any day of the week according to our availability. And you can have your ceremony at any time of the day or night.

Are weddings performed in Mexico legal in the U.S.?
Yes, civil ceremonies performed by a judge in Mexico are legal in the U.S when you pay the apostille fee. The process takes around 45 days after the wedding, the wedding coordinator will send you the certificate to home and you’ll have to translate and register your legalized marriage certificate at your local City Hall or Courthouse once you return home.

What is an Apostille Certificate?
The Authentications Office of the U.S. Department of State provides U.S. citizens with authentication services on documents that will be used for legal and administrative purposes overseas. An Apostille Certificate with a raised or stamped seal is issued to authenticate a public document for official use in a foreign country. For more information visit the State Department.

Can children attend the wedding?
El Cid is a family hotel where children of all ages are welcome to be part of any wedding.

Can people who are not staying at the hotel attend the wedding?
Yes, guests staying at a different hotel can come to join you for your ceremony and reception, but they must purchase a wedding day pass to enter the Resort for an additional fee. The pass is good from the ceremony to the end of the reception. Passes should be paid before the wedding and the Hotel must have a list with the names of the guests outside. This process must be organized by Wedding Coordinator.

Is the ceremony performed in English or Spanish?
Legal or Non legal ceremonies performed by a judge or a minister are performed in English, Spanish or bilingual in Riviera Maya and Cozumel. In Mazatlán, due by a new state law, the judge has to give the ceremony in Spanish and we will provide the translation so one of your guests can read it, or if you prefer someone from our staff can read it in English too.

What if we are not traveling with witnesses for the ceremony?
If you want a legal ceremony, the Hotel can provide the witnesses required without extra charge. You just have to advise to the wedding coordinator you need witnesses for your legal ceremony.

Can I have my blood test done in advance at home?
Blood tests for the legal ceremony are required to be performed in Mexico by law. You can take them when you get here with the doctor of the Hotel and the charge is $230 per couple; the tests are not included in any package. You have to check with the wedding coordinator to reserve the appointment with the doctor.

Can I use my own photographer?
Outside Photographers and videographers are not allowed on hotel property unless pre-approved by the hotel or cover additional fee for outside photographers and videographers. This fee is waived if the outside photographer or videographer stays in the hotel.

In Mazatlán you can bring your own photographer.

Note: The same rules apply for all vendors, such as florists, decorators and musicians. Your wedding planner can help coordinate all the services you desire through our network of approved suppliers.

Can I bring my own music for the ceremony?
You can bring your own music for ceremony, cocktail or reception. You have to check first with the wedding coordinator how do you want to do it or what type of electronic equipment you can bring it. Don’t forget you have to rent a sound system to can use your music.

What do you need to do to separate the wedding date?
You have to sign a contract sent by the wedding coordinator and deposit 50% of the pricing wedding package choice.

Do you have catholic chapel in the Hotel?
There is a catholic chapel very close from the Hotel where you can ask for availability and documents required to get marry there. The wedding coordinator can provide you the e-mail address contact to ask the information

Do you provide a shuttle from the airport for El CID guests?
The ground transportation company of the Hotel has very attractive prices for private cabs from the airport to the Hotel. The service can be booked in advance and the drivers will be waiting in the airport.

Do we need to send any documentation prior to arrival?


Yes, documentation will be requested two weeks in advance. It is very important that your information is the same as your passport, otherwise, there will be issues.

Is there a back up location when the wedding is booked outside and it’s raining?
The hotel counts with ballrooms to protect all the events who are taking place outside and the wedding day the client and the wedding coordinator have to take the decision about the final location for the ceremony due to the bad weather.