Legal Information about getting married in México
Civil/legal ceremony: This type of wedding will be recognized as legal in México and you must check availability with our wedding department. If you want your marriage recognized as legal at home you must have to apostille the marriage certificate to make it valid in your country of birth/residence.
- Valid Passport: Passports from the bride, groom and four witnesses are required to enter México and are also mandatory for a legal wedding to be performed. Passports must be presented to the On-Site Wedding Coordinator at the time of the wedding consultation.
- Tourist Card: These are provided on the plane prior to arrival into the International Airport. Make sure your name is written as it appears on your passport.
- Witnesses Information: Their names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copies of tourist cards and valid identification of four witnesses are required. The Wedding Coordinator will provide the legal form to fill out.
- Advanced Hotel Stay: Bride, Groom and witnesses must arrive at the hotel three full business days prior to a civil/legal ceremony.
- Blood Test is mandatory in México: Test is not valid if performed elsewhere and should not be performed more than 15 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The approximate cost is $230 usd per couple.
- If either the bride or groom is divorced, original Birth Certificates are required with the originating country’s Registry Stamp (Le Apostille). This document should be translated into Spanish.
- Consider the fee for the Judge’s for wedding performed in Sundays.
- The Marriage Certificate is only valid in Mexico. In order to make it legal internationally, the Wedding Coordinator will send a copy of your License to the Validation Process. The fee will be $60 USD . The process will take up to 1 month. Once the document is apostilled, the wedding department will send all documentation to the couple’s home address.
Symbolic ceremony: Non-denominational ceremonies are available. This spiritual type of wedding can be performed by a minister. You can create a unique style of wedding!! Our wedding department can assist to develop your dream wedding.
Advanced Hotel Stay: You’ll need to arrive at the hotel two full business days prior to a civil/legal ceremony.
Catholic / Religious ceremony: Catholic ceremonies are available in a church, located a few minutes from the Hotel and our wedding department can provide with the contact information of the local priest. The priest will inform you of their requirements to perform this type of ceremony.
Advanced Hotel Stay: You’ll need to arrive at the hotel three full business days prior to a civil/legal ceremony.