Legal Information about getting married in México
Civil/legal ceremony: This type of wedding will be recognized as legal in México and you must check availability with our wedding department. If you want your marriage recognized as legal at home you must have to apostille the marriage certificate to make it valid in your country of birth/residence.
- Valid Passport: Passports are required to enter México and are also mandatory for a legal wedding to be performed. Passports must be presented to the On-Site Wedding Coordinator at the time of the wedding consultation.
- Tourist Card: These are provided on the plane prior to arrival into the International Airport. Names on tourist card and passport MUST be the same.
- Witnesses: you need 4 witnesses, if you don’t have them, the hotel can provide them.
- Advanced Hotel Stay: You’ll need to arrive at the hotel three full business days prior to a civil/legal ceremony.
- Blood Test: In México is a mandatory requirement for the couple to have a blood test, it has to be done on site and the approximate cost is $230 usd per couple.
Symbolic ceremony: Non-denominational ceremonies are available. This spiritual type of wedding can be performed by a minister. You can create a unique style of wedding!! Our wedding department can assist to develop your dream wedding.
Advanced Hotel Stay: You’ll need to arrive at the hotel two full business days prior to a civil/legal ceremony.
Catholic / Religious ceremony: Catholic ceremonies are available in a church, located a few minutes from the Hotel and our wedding department can provide with the contact information of the local priest. The priest will inform you of their requirements to perform this type of ceremony.
Advanced Hotel Stay: You’ll need to arrive at the hotel three full business days prior to a civil/legal ceremony.